Extension activities are being conducted by the college
faculty as well as the students in the rural, urban and slum areas.
- Preparation of audio visual aids for imparting knowledge and information regarding scientific methods (technologies) for upliftment of community people.
- Organization of training programmes for community people to improve their quality of life.
- Empowerment of women by various income generating activities.
- Rural area work experience (RAWE) and field trips by the students.
Trainings on Women Empowerment-
ICAR - 2003-2004 in departments of FN, HDFS, CT and HECM
DST - 2005-2006 in department of HECM
- Winter school on "New vistas of value addition to utilize arid foods", funded by ICAR, Sept - Oct 2004. Dr. Madhu Goyal as course director).
-Dr(Mrs)Bharti Bhatnagar was honoured as chief guest on 14th Nov 2014 on special deaf children mela by Bikaner Deaf Society
-Orientation programme of B.sc First year students was organized from 10-07-2014to 15-07-2014. During this programme students visited various departments of college and also visited various units of university.Various competitions were also also organized.
-“Talent –Hunt” -2014 was organized on 7th Nov,2014 in which Miss Bhanu Priya was selected as Miss Fresher,Miss Kajol as first runner up and Miss kritika as second runner up.
-Eye camp was organized on 24 th July 2014 by ASG Group in which eye check up and counseling was done for about 80 students and staff members of the college.
- Demonstration on painting and other crafts was done by representative of Pidilite agency on 2nd Aug 2014 in which students learn to prepare clay flowers, cards and fabric painting.
One student of HDFS Deptt Miss Shakti Sharma is selected as Asstt. Prof. in Kurukshetra university.
-Exhibition on Bajra products was put on in farmer’fair on 03-09-2014 at Lunkaransar where Hon’ble Chief Minister of Rajasthan,Mrs Vasundhara Raje appreciated tha efforts being done by College of Home Science in alleviating the malnutrition and promoting the pearl millet among masses. On her desire one project entitled “centre of Excellence on Pearl Millet” also submitted to Govt of Rajasthan forround the year supply of pearl millet through Rajasthali ,Jaipur.
-Swach Bharat Abhiyaan was organized on 2nd Oct,2014 on occasion of Gandhi Jayanti in which cleaning of college premises, classroom and office rooms was done by Dean, college staff and students.
-Parent Teacher Association meeting was organized on 14 th Oct 2014 in the nursery of HDFS Deptt
College of Home Science,
Swami Keshwanand Rajasthan Agricultural University,
Bikaner (Raj.) India
Tel - 91-9529250692
Fax - 91-151-2250692,
E-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
For Mailing your Queries